Tuesday, April 06, 2010

some things I like...

...in alphabetical order. (I totally stole this from my friend Amy's blog)

*a bottle of Magner's, my favorite Irish cider. Soo gooood. And hard to come by in the states. (and yes, I realize this one is kind of cheating, because I'm using "a" as an article, but it's my list, and I can do whatever the hell I want. boom roasted)
*ballet flats. They're dressy-ish, they're comfortable, they're under $25 at payless. What more do I need!
*CHOCOLATE. Nothing more to say about that one.
*dashboard confessional. I know I'm too old for emo, but I just can't help myself. On the newest album: Belle of the Boulevard and Even Now. Favorite song ever: Hands Down.
*easter, because I can get Cadbury Mini Eggs!
*f-word. I know it's crass but I love saying it. It's just so glutteral. So Old English. Plus, I get to feel like a rebel, which doesn't happen a lot in my life.
*gilmore girls. It's one of the few shows where the characters speak fast enough to keep me from getting bored. And I've learned so much about popular culture!
*hot pockets. White trash? Yeah, a little.
*internet. You can find such deals without ever leaving your couch! It combines two things I love: a bargain and not moving very much.
*jewelry. I used to never wear jewelry. Or, rather, I never wore different jewelry--the same necklace, earrings, and rings each day. Then I bought some at a jewelry party and I'm hooked! My students are convinced I never wear the same necklace twice.
*kicking it with my nephews. Someday soon, they're gonna get old enough to realize that I'm not cool, and they don't want to hang out with me. But until that day, I'm gonna hang with them whenever I can.
*large sunglasses. So I'm channeling my inner Jackie O. Jealous?
*mystic tans. The sun hates me. HA! Screw you sun!
*nutella. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
*open mic piano bars or karaoke. I just like to sing.
*pride and prejudice. Mr. Darcy, you have ruined me for all other men.
*quilts. I want to learn how to make them. Then I will have the craft trifecta (knitting, crocheting, quilting) conquered!
*red hair. I love my hair. It's taken me years to come to terms with all the baggage that red hair has (sunburns, freckles, strangers awkwardly touching your hair uninvited) but I love it now. And I love the attention I get from it. :)
*socks that haven't been worn before. I swear, if I ever become ridiculously wealthy, my weird rich person thing will be only wearing socks twice. Nothing bad can happen on a day with new socks.
*toothpaste that hasn't been opened before. The first time you open a tube of toothpaste, it's amazing. There are not crusty bits inside, and everything is just perfect.
*underwire bras. Sometimes they're a little uncomfortable (but not really, if you have the right size), but they make my breasts look GREAT!
*vacation, spring/summer/winter, etc. If I can be not at work and have the option of sleeping later than 5:30, I'm a happy girl.
*winter. Only three more months of desert living!
*x-box live, because whenever I go to Sean and Gwen's, I get to watch stuff on Netflix on the TV! I'm trying to keep myself from thinking that it's like Fahrenheit 451.
*yards. I never knew how much I loved having a big yard until I moved to Vegas, where there are no yards. I don't enjoy mowing, landscaping, or assisting in any way with the upkeep of a large yard, but I like knowing they're there. They're good for parties.
*zyrtec. Otherwise, I might have cut off my nose by now (but not to spite my face)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rarely ever check this anymore, so Iwas pleasantly surprised to see new posts. I can even hear you saying most of these things and I loved it!