Friday, March 10, 2006

official prediction: america's next top model will be nnenna or sara!!!!

so, i'm am completely stoked because the movie flight of the navigator is on abc family tonight, and i LOVED that movie as a child. we had taped it off tv, a sunday night disney special to be exact, and i watched it all the time as a child. i don't remember much except a spaceship, a robot, and a scene with a song by the beach boys (can't remember which one). and at the end, the kid came home, but like, 20 years had passed and his family didn't know where he was, or they'd forgotten about him or somethind. i don't know really, but i'm going to watch it, because it is awesome.

so tonight i was messing around on facebook and looking at all the pictures my friends had on there, and i realized that i'm kind of homesick. which made me wonder if moving 1800 miles away from home was a good idea... oh well. too late now. super exciting news: my friend amber is coming out to visit me next weekend!! she has to go to san diego for work, and they're going to fly her here and then home, so she can spend the weekend with me. HIGHLIGHT. i haven't seen her since christmas. and my brother comes out this week too. i won't see him as much, because he won't be staying with me, like amber, and we won't be hanging out as much, because he's a gambler, he is. but that's cool too. and my parents are coming in less than a month!!! which is super exciting for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that they're going to buy me a new vacuum. and i like seeing them.

wow. i reallly dont' remember much of this movie.

it snowed today. here. in las vegas. it didn't stick because the air and ground temperatures were way too high, but it was cool nonetheless. i heard yelling in the hall during sixth period, and i was going to go outside and ask them to be quiet, because my kids couldn't hear the people reading, and i heard someone say that it was snowing. so i asked my kids if they wanted to go see it, and they said yes, and we did. we stayed out about five minutes and they were really excited about it. it was cute. needless to say, it's a little chilly tonight (42 degress to be exact), so i'm sitting in my apartment wearing my pink fleece raindeer pajama pants and the sweater i wore to work today. a cardigan to be exact. grandma? is that you? yes my dear, it is. I LOOK SILLY. but it's okay

i wore my pink space boots to school today and got many comments, mostly positive. one was from the principal--i think he was impressed by them. i'll throw a picture of them on there for those of you who've never seen them. they're hot. it'll probably have to happen tomorrow, because i can't get the color right with the light in here.

the other day my students had to go and talk to the counselors about scheduling for next year, so i went around and took silly pictures of myself on all their cellphones. some have appeared on myspaces. i think it's funny.

i plan to clean my apartment this weekend and take pictures to put on here. by tuesday at the latest, because it has to be clean by wednesday when jonathan comes.

i'm going to go watch my movie and crochet. i love fridays. and i'm going to go see the hills have eyes this weekend, which is strange because i hate scary movies, but i really want to see this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that's a whole lot of hilarious that you took pictures on you kids' cell phones. you're about the super coolest teacher in existence. i miss you soooooooooooo much. i wish i had money and could fly out to vegas to see you...someday i will have a sugar daddy, and he'll make ALL my dreams come true. ....At least the ones that require money.



...Asher is currently teaching me how to type on a laptop....he clearly doesn't realize that i have mastered this domain....turd. oh god, now he wants me to try to punch him. i gotta go deal with this....

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are looking forward to seeing us even if we have to buy you a vaccuum to receive your love and affection.....

Should I check that website about pictures to see some of you or have you used it?

Have to get to work....I really am tired of juvenile delinquents. Oh, well, We owe, we owe so off to work I go!!!!

Love you very much and wish I was coming to Vegas before Apr. 5

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i LOVE nnenna. i also love the girl that reminds me of hillary swank. she's sort of hippie-ish. but i don't know her name.

i miss you.